Union of Publishers in Bulgaria
The Union of Publishers in Bulgaria is an independent, non-governmental association united by the principles of defending the freedom of the press, the independence of journalists and the encouragement of their work so that society is objectively informed.
The Union of Publishers in Bulgaria is an independent association joined by 18 publishing houses producing over 40 printed products. The Union of Publishers in Bulgaria is member of the European Newspaper Publishers’ Association (ENPA) and the World Association of Newspapers (WAN).
The main goals of the Union are to:
- defend the freedom of speech in Bulgaria and the independence of the Bulgarian print media;
- contribute for the improvement of the quality of Bulgarian press;
- defend and upgrade the public prestige of print media and to represent their common interests;
- establish relations of fair competition among the members;
- help solve economic issues of common interest of the newspaper publishers;
- maintain mutual trust among its members.